I tried to do a D7 to D8 migration using this series of blogs:
And I was able to get Vocabularies, terms and content migrated. Yay!!!
- Make sure that the name of your database does not have a hyphen ("-") in it.
- Get the input formats figured out properly - make sure that you have an input format named exactly the same as on the D7 install.
- Get the content type figured out - make sure that you have an content type named exactly the same as on the D7 install.
- Field Mappings should be done "properly"
- Get the path migrated
- Cross - Content type migrations
- Files migrations