I love this launji. This is a must have for us at all times during the summer when raw mangos are in season.
- 1/2 kg raw mango (make sure that they are not soft)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar/ gur
- 2 tbsp saunf powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp Jeera
- pinch hing
- Grate the raw mango.
- Heat oil in a kadhaai. Add jeera and hing
- Add raw mango in.
- Add in all the other ingredients including sugar.
- Mix them thoroughly and let it cook covered.
- Stir thoroughly after a few minutes.
- Keep on stirring every 3-4 minutes. Launji is done when all the sugar/ gur is melted and the raw mango is almost invisible.
Tip: Taste the launji and adjust the salt/ sugar as needed. Be really careful before tasting, the launji will be HOT!