This is a really quick and tasty accompaniment to food. It is a staple at our home, especially during summers.
- Onions - 12 small ones/ 3 medium
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - Enough to cover the onions
- Chop the onions into chunks. (If not using small)
- Add the salt.
- Add vinegar to cover the onions completely.
- Keep covered for a few hours. After a few hours, the onions will change their color.
- Put it into an airtight container, put it in the refrigerator. Enjoy!!
PS: I love these onions especially with dal chawal. If you cut these in rings, they work great in burgers/ sandwiches.