We love nachos!! But they are fried. So I tried something - and this turned out pretty good. Was not perfect but did solve the purpose perfectly...
- 1 cup Makki ka aata
- 1 cup whole wheat aata
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Some more oil for brushing
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and knead it well. Rest it for at least 10 mins.
- Pre-heat the oven - 200C.
- Roll these into rotis of normal size.
- Lightly roast them on a Tawa.
- Cut the rotis into 8 pieces using a pizza cutter.
- Put these pieces on a baking tray and lightly brush with oil. Bake this for about 25-30 mins. Turn the "nachos" over at about 15 mins. And start checking them from 20 mins onwards. These need to be crunchy and not burnt.
I served these to my family with a very quickly made salsa - some tomatos, onion, green chillies and capsicum chopped finely. Add some salt, pepper, sugar and mix it in. Rest this for at least 30 mins before eating so the flavors get enough time to blend in.
Tip: I have tried this with a combination of several flours - bajra+wheat/ only wheat etc. And all have a slightly different flavor - but equally tasty!!